Friday, December 15, 2006

AWARDS NIGHT AT NORKEM PARK H.S.: MIKE MUTOMBO'S MOTHER AND YOURS TRULY ENJOY A MOMENT TOGETHER...

Yeah, Michael (Bola) Mutombo's mother was something else--an African queen, in my eyes! The family came to South Africa from the Democratic Republic of Congo. I believe his mom had four sons--all handsome, intelligent, and able to overcome adversity. I met many folks in S.A. from the D.R.C. I saw Mike as a "project." He had looks, smarts, and an athletic build--and the maturity of a fifth-grader in a body of an eighth-grader. And his voice was as large as his frame: BIG! I could look at him and see him as a defensive end on Michigan State's football team. They could take him and mold him into a star athlete. M.S.U. will be hearing from me, so remember that name: MIKE MUTOMBO! And remember you saw the prediction here first...